LETTER OF STUDENTS’ EXPECTATIONS
At the International Youth Academy, the main priority is the quality of the students’ experience. Our staff members, teachers, and volunteers will work hard to ensure that by the end of the two weeks, our campers 1) gain a better overall knowledge of the English language, 2) understand American culture and the American college experience, 3) attain a global mindset, 4) and, most important of all, that they come out better prepared to excel in the globalized, multicultural world we live in.
However, our efforts as a staff alone will not suffice in ensuring the success of the camp—students, too, will be expected to bring their best efforts forward. In order for the IYA experience to be fruitful, it is imperative that students read, understand, and adhere to the following set of expectations:
- Students must come prepared to learn and to get out of their comfort zone
- Students are expected to stay engaged in class lectures, as well as completing their homework and various class assignments
- Students must follow instructions from their Chaperone, teachers, and staff members
- Students are expected to follow basic hygiene rules (shower regularly, wear deodorant, etc..)
- Respect will be expected from everyone towards everyone. Any form of discrimination, disrespect, intolerance, or minor impudence toward others will not be accepted
The main rule of IYA is this: BE PREPARED TO EXPLORE YOUR WORLD, BE PREPARED TO HAVE A GREAT TIME!
The IYA team